Sleep. It’s one thing we can’t live without and yet in these hectic times, we try to get by with as minimal sleep as possible. And then after a while, we find that we can’t sleep well.
So here’s some simple tips, that you may or may not know, that will help you sleep well:
- Stop worrying about not being able to sleep. You need to be worry free. If you’re stressed, the body thinks you need to be ready for action and it will be on alert, which is the opposite of what you actually want it to be.
- Set a goal to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
- Force yourself to get to bed and wake up at the same time daily.
- Start to dim the lights around you an hour before sleep time. Your body responses to stimuli. And when it senses that the environment is becoming dimmer, it thinks its time to sleep. By having all the lights switched on, you’re basically telling your body that its day light.
- Stay away from snacks one and a half hours before you hit the bed.
- Exercise during the day. This tires your body and eventually your body will tell you that you need some sleep.
- Lose weight. Being fit helps you sleep well.
- Dont read too late – your mind is like a flywheel that still keeps spinning even after you have stopped reading and jumped into bed.
- Make sure there are no lights in your room. Dont leave a window open where the bright street light can get in. Some people tend to leave the windows open so that the bright sunlight wakes them up. This is fine if there is no bright light stopping you from sleeping at night.
- Some say a warm glass of milk helps.
Here’s wishing you a good night’s sleep!